There is so much that I want to share about our humanitarian trip to Nicaragua and I have some many that have asked us about our experience. Honestly, it is difficult to find the words to describe the feelings of our hearts. I was writing in my journal the other day, just starting to write down what I learned, noticed, and all the tender mercies of the Lord! I’m feel impressed to share these with you. In a small way I hope to bring you into the heart of the entire experience. There are so many aspects to this trip, I will strive to share them with grace and ease.
What I learned in Nicaragua:
1. When I feel resistance it doesn’t mean I’m bad or doing something wrong, it means I am changing, I am moving forward, I am doing profound things and I have the opportunity to change my life as well as many others. Also, that Father may be using resistance to protect and keep me close to Him so that I stay safe.
2. Always stay true to the godliness within. Allow myself to just be and to move through experiences however I feel I need to. Take care of self. Honor and glorify God by loving self and others.
3. The love of God knows no bounds. Love is the universal language. Love heals all wounds and surpasses time. Love is the language of the Spirit. It’s not about religion…we are all children of God and He loves each of us and as Disciples of Christ, we exemplify him the best by just loving.
4. Stand for what you believe in. Do not be afraid to be yourself and share your conviction with others.
5. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
6. I am blessed, running water and flushing toilets are commodities.
7. Electric stoves and ovens, a home….is a commodity.
8. Happiness does not come from having things, it comes from within, it comes from having connection within oneself, God and others.
9. A smile speaks a thousand words and heals a broken heart.
10. Laughter is the best medicine and provides sunshine to the soul.
11. God paints a beautiful sunset, Ocean waves wash away the stress.
12. There is beauty all around if we open our eyes to see, God is in everything.
13. Never give up on your dreams, especially the ones God puts on your heart. Those are the ones we need to give our all too and believe.
14. Faith is believing in what we can’t see, but know in our hearts is true because of the witness of the Spirit of truth.
15. God always provides a way.
16. Jesus is truly the light, the way, and the truth. He is the answer we are all looking for.
There were also so many miracles and tender mercies from the Lord. I will share those on another post. So look for PART 2!